Crispy Baked Chicken Legs
If you’re looking for a tasty way to enjoy chicken legs, consider trying piernas de pollo empanizadas. This Latin-American dish is a delicious way to dress up chicken legs and make them extra crispy. The end result is a flavorful, easy-to-prepare meal that the whole family will love.
What is Piernas de Pollo Empanizadas?
Piernas de pollo empanizadas is a Latin-American dish that consists of chicken legs that are coated in seasoned crumbs and then baked. The crumbs give the chicken legs a crunchy, golden-brown exterior that’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
How to Make Piernas de Pollo Empanizadas
Making piernas de pollo empanizadas is a relatively simple process that only requires a few ingredients and some basic kitchen tools. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly oil the foil.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the bread crumbs, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
4. Pat the chicken legs dry and place them in the bowl with the crumb mixture.
5. Toss the chicken legs until they are evenly coated.
6. Place the chicken legs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken legs are cooked through and the crumbs are golden brown.
7. Serve the piernas de pollo empanizadas hot.
Piernas de pollo empanizadas are delicious served on their own, but can also be served with a variety of sides. Consider serving the chicken legs with a side of roasted vegetables, a fresh salad, or some mashed potatoes.
Tips for the Best Piernas de Pollo Empanizadas
- Use fresh bread crumbs for the best possible texture.
- Feel free to add in other herbs and spices to customize the flavor of the dish.
- Make sure the chicken legs are completely coated in the crumb mixture before baking.
- If you’d like a crunchier exterior, place the chicken legs under the broiler for the last few minutes of baking.
Piernas de pollo empanizadas is a delicious way to enjoy chicken legs. The flavorful crumb coating gives the chicken legs an extra crunch, and the end result is sure to be a hit with the whole family. With just a few ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can easily make this Latin-American dish in no time.